SBIDC operates Brooklyn’s Workforce 1 Industrial & Transportation Career Center (ITC), based at the Brooklyn Army Terminal, in affiliation with The New York City Department of Small Business Services and its Workforce 1 system. We provide free hiring assistance to employers across Brooklyn.
- Free recruitment services from a wide pool of candidates with different skills and levels of experience in industrial, manufacturing, and transportation-related areas
- Information on cost savings programs for local hiring
- Information on training programs that can help upskill your existing workforce, as well as new employees
- Seminars to help your company optimize its own human resources
- Links to specialized training programs for your employees
- Ongoing support for your company’s human resource needs
Many of the residents in Sunset Park, Gowanus, and Red Hook, as well as neighborhoods across Brooklyn, look to SBIDC for employment at local industrial businesses. These residents have diverse backgrounds and a wide range of skills and experience. We pre-screen these potential applicants for job readiness to ensure quality job performance, which ultimately saves employers time and money. We are also available for assistance once an employee is hired, and are happy to connect you with training programs offered by the City and other local organizations.
If you have any available positions, please fill out the following form with your contact information and a brief description of the job you are looking to fill. A member of the SBIDC Workforce 1 team will get back to you shortly.